When launching a business online, it would be amazing if you can get a platform that provides easy-to-use tools that assist you in designing and building your website with secure hosting. WordPress is exactly such a one-stop solution that powers more than 42% of the web. With more than 20 billion views and 70 million posts each month, WordPress is an extremely popular Website Creation Platform that helps you build and manage business websites, blogs, eCommerce shops, portfolios, forums, etc.
Once you have your Website going with a good amount of monthly online visitors, you can use WordPress AdSense Integration to monetize your website. Adsense is a Free tool offered by Google allowing you to sell your website’s Advt space to advertisers and get paid for every click that a site visitor makes on the Ad link. WordPress AdSense Integration lets you seamlessly connect your WordPress site to AdSense by placing the AdSense code on your webpages, thereby showing ads automatically on your website.
In this article, you will learn how to add the WordPress AdSense Integration to monetize your website. You will learn both the Manual and Automated processes to set up your WordPress AdSense Integration.
Table of Contents
- What is WordPress?
- What is Google AdSense?
- Why do you need a WordPress AdSense Integration?
- How to set up WordPress AdSense Integration?
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a brilliant Web Publishing Software that allows you build and manage your website. Launched as a simple Blogging platform in 2003, WordPress has now evolved into a feature-rich Content Management System(CMS). Becoming a one-stop solution for everyone, WordPress allows you to design and manage business websites, blogs, forums, galleries, eCommerce Stores, etc.
Released under the GNU Public license, this application is completely free to download and use. On the technical side, WordPress is written in PHP scripting language with all your website content typically stored in a MySQL Database. The intuitive WordPress Editor makes it super easy to build professional websites without the need for any programming knowledge. The in-built simple formatting toolbars and drag & drop functionality provide a user-friendly ecosystem to create and manage your websites.
With just a few clicks you can change the layout of your website using the huge collection of WordPress Themes. You extend the functionality of your website by using WordPress Plugins, for example adding features for an Online Store, a photo gallery, or a mailing list. Another main advantage of WordPress is that you have full control over your content. You can easily import or export data from WordPress. For any queries, you can always check out the WordPress Community and WordPress Support page to get all the answers you need.
What is Google AdSense?
Google AdSense is an excellent Advertisement Placement Service allowing you to monetize your websites by displaying Ads. Revenue is generated on a per-click or impression basis and in turn, Google shares a percentage of it with the website owners. Setting this up doesn’t require any programming knowledge as you can simply paste the AdSense code provided by Google to your Webpages.
You can also select the type of wants you want to display and the space where you want the ads to appear. Google Ad Sense provides its network of publishers access to advertisers who want to promote their products. Advertisers bid for specific spaces on your website and only the highest amount is selected. You can also place Google search fields on your web pages to generate text ads that target the search results generated by your visitor’s search input.
Google scans your content to constantly provide the most relevant ads on your website that can generate the maximum Ad clicks. Hence, setting up the WordPress AdSense Integration allows you to leave the Ad administrative work to Google AdSense whereas you can focus on creating great content for your WordPress website. For more information, you can check out the comprehensive guide on Google AdSense.
Why do you need a WordPress AdSense Integration?
WordPress AdSense Integration offers a plethora of benefits by monetizing your website:
- The Ads are completely managed, sorted, and maintained by Google AdSense. You can manage all the Ads on multiple websites from a comfort of a single Google Adsense account.
- AdSense delivers the best possible Ads based on your audience or the content. To maximize your Ad profits, Google selects the relevant ads via Contextual targeting, Placement targeting, Run of Network Targeting, and Personalised Targeting.
- The Ads are automatically optimized for all Mobile devices to maximize the chances of getting viewed or clicked.
- Whether you are operating just a blogging site or a website selling products, great content and relevant information with good Website traffic are sufficient to monetize your website via Google AdSense.
- Adding the Google Search Box to your website enables visitors to stay a longer duration on your site. The search results based on the visitors’ input contain related Ad links, thereby enhancing the chances of a customer clicking on an Ad.
- Lastly, AdSense is a free tool that provides you with a code that you can simply paste on your web pages and start earning. With WordPress AdSense Integration set up, Google manages all the billing processes with the Advertisers for all the Ads on your website and ensures that you receive your payment.
Simplify WordPress ETL and Analysis Using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that offers a fully managed solution to set up Data Integration for 100+ Data Sources (Including 40+ Free sources such as Google Analytics, WordPress) and will let you directly load data from WordPress to a Data Warehouse or the Destination of your choice for free. It will automate your data flow in minutes without writing any line of code. Its fault-tolerant architecture makes sure that your data is secure and consistent. Hevo provides you with a truly efficient and fully automated solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Let’s look at some of the salient features of Hevo:
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Real-Time: Hevo offers real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and map it to the destination schema.
- Connectors: Hevo supports 100+ Integrations to SaaS platforms such as WordPress, FTP/SFTP, Files, Databases, BI tools, and Native REST API & Webhooks Connectors. It supports various destinations including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Firebolt, Data Warehouses; Amazon S3 Data Lakes; Databricks; and MySQL, SQL Server, TokuDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL Databases to name a few.
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within Data Pipelines.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
How to set up WordPress AdSense Integration?
To start setting up your WordPress AdSense Integration, you need to first create a Google AdSense Account if you don’t already have one. To do that follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Visit the Google AdSense Website and click on the Get Started button. Login in by using your preferred Google Account.
- Step 2: Type the URL of the website you want the ads to appear in. You can also leave it blank if you don’t have a website and click on the box next to I don’t have a site yet option.
- Step 3: Now, select Yes or No depending on whether you want Google AdSense to send personalized emails regarding customized help and performance suggestions.
- Step 4: Now select your Payment Country from the drop-down menu.
- Step 5: To accept the terms and conditions of Google AdSense, click on the box next to I have read and accept the agreement option.
- Step 6: Finally, click on the Start using AdSense button and your Google AdSense will be created.
After you have successfully created your Google AdSense account, you can use the following 3 methods to set up WordPress AdSense Integration for your website:
- WordPress AdSense Integration Method 1: Manually Adding AdSense Code in WordPress
- WordPress AdSense Integration Method 2: Using Auto-Ads AdSense Code via the Insert Headers and Footers Free Plugin
- WordPress AdSense Integration Method 3: Using Site Kit for WordPress Free Plugin developed by Google
WordPress AdSense Integration Method 1: Manually Adding AdSense Code in WordPress
To start manually performing your WordPress AdSense Integration, fir you need to generate the AdSense code for your ads. To do that, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Once you have logged into your AdSense account, click on the Ads Menu present on the left side of your screen and click on the By Ad unit tab.
- Step 2: Click on the Create New Ad option. You can now choose from 3 types of Ads i.e. ‘Display ads’, ‘In-feed ads’, and ‘In-article ads’. For this example, Display Ads is selected.
- Step 3: Now you can configure your Ad. Although for internal purposes only, you can name your Ad by clicking the Name field next to the Cross icon on the top of your screen.
- Step 4: You can choose the Ad Size from a wide variety of sizes offered by Google. To make your Ads optimised for all types of devices, choose the Responsive option from the drop-down menu available on the right side of your screen.
- Step 5: Finally, click on the Create button. AdSense will now display an Adsense code for your Ad containing the Ad unit ID and your publisher ID.
- Step 6: Now in a new browser tab, open your WordPress Dashboard Admin area and navigate to Appearance > Widgets. Now Drag and Drop the Custom HTML widget and place it in the appropriate area and paste the Adsense Code here. For this, the sidebar is chosen. Click on the Save button.
- Step 7: Go to your AdSense Tab and click on the Done button. Google AdSense will search for the code on your Website and will confirm if found.
Now, Google will verify and review your site which could take a few hours to a few days. You can read the AdSense Program policies to understand the review process much better.
This completes the manual process of setting up the WordPress AdSense Integration. Though, this can be time-consuming as you have to upload the code on every page of your website. Also, this code may get erased once you change your WordPress theme. You can simplify this by using the Auto-Ads feature of Google and setup the WordPress Google AdSense Integration via following the plugins discussed in the next 2 methods.
WordPress AdSense Integration Method 2: Using Auto-Ads AdSense Code via the Insert Headers and Footers Free Plugin
Using Auto-Ads you only need to paste the code once on your site and AdSense will automatically determine the highest paying location, ad size, and type. You can achieve this by following the simple steps given below:
- Step 1: Log in to your AdSense account and click on the Ads menu on the left side of your screen. Then click on the Get code button available on the by site tab.
- Step 2: Now, AdSense will display a code snippet for Auto-Ads that you copy and paste on the header file on your site. Although this comes with a drawback as whenever you update your WordPress theme, the Auto-Ads code will also be wiped out. Instead of that, you can use the Insert Headers and Footers plugin.
- Step 3: In a new browser tab, go to your WordPress admin area and search for Insert Headers and Footers plugin. Install and activate the plugin.
- Step 4: Navigate to Settings > Insert Headers and Footers Page and paste the Auto-Ads code in the header section. Click on the Save button.
Similar to the manual step, Google will search for your code, verify and review your site if not done already.
This completes the process of setting up the WordPress AdSense Integration via the Insert Headers and Footers Plugin.
WordPress AdSense Integration Method 3: Using Site Kit for WordPress Free Plugin developed by Google
You can further simplify this process by Installing and activating the Site Kit for the WordPress plugin developed by Google. It is a completely Free and Open-Source plugin launched by Google that provides unified metrics and insights from Google AdSense, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and PageSpeed Insights directly from your WordPress account.
To set up Site Kit, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to your WordPress Dashboard area and click on the Add New option under the Plugins menu.
- Step 2: Type “Site Kit by Google” in the search box and find the same. Click on the Install button and after installing click on the Activate button.
- Step 3: Click on the Start Setup option and follow the setup instructions. You will be required to Sign in using the Google Account you used with your Adsense account.
- Step 4: Click on the Continue button to allow Google to complete the process.
- Step 5: After you have completed the whole setup, click on the “Connect Service” button under the AdSense option in your Site Kit Dashboard tab.
- Step 6: You will be redirected to sign in via your same Google Account. Click on the Continue button to allow Google to complete the additional access requirements.
- Step 7: After completing the Login process, Toggle On the option to allow Google to place the AdSense code on the website automatically for both non-AMP and AMP versions. This completes the WordPress AdSense Integration process via the Site Kit plugin.
After your ads start showing on your web pages, you can check out the AdSense metrics in the “AdSense” tab of the plugin. Similar to the above two methods, Google AdSense will search for your code, verify and review your site if not done already.
In this article, you have learned how to set up the WordPress AdSense Integration for your WordPress website. AdSense provides an easy solution to place your AdSense code for Ads and manage all your websites from a single account. Using the Auto-Ads feature, you can leverage Google’s algorithm to bring in the highest paying ads at the best location, ad size, and type. Google also provides Site Kit for WordPress plugin that further simplifies and automates the WordPress AdSense Integration process.
In addition to WordPress, you would be using a wide variety of applications across your business for Marketing, Accounting, Customer Relationship Management, Human Resources, etc. To understand the financial health and performance of your firm, you need to integrate data from all these applications and perform in-depth business analysis. To efficiently process this astronomical amount of data, you need to invest a portion of your engineering bandwidth to Integrate, Cleanse, Transform, and Load your data into your data warehouse or a destination of your choice. All of these challenges can be effectively solved with a Cloud-Based ETL tool like Hevo Data.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline can help you transfer and integrate your data from a vast sea of Data Sources such as WordPress into a Data Warehouse or a Destination of your choice for free. It is a fully automated and secure platform that doesn’t require you to write any code!
If you are using E-Commerce platforms such as WooCommerce, WordPress, REST APIs, etc in your business and searching for a Stree-Free alternative to Manual Data Integration, then Hevo can comfortably automate this for you. Hevo with its strong integration with 100+ sources & BI tools (Including 40+ Free Sources such as WordPress, Google Analytics) allows you to not only export data from your desired data sources & load it to the destination of your choice, but also transform & enrich your data to make it analysis-ready so that you can focus on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools.
Share with us your experience of setting up the WordPress AdSense Integration. Let us know in the comments section below!