Are you looking to set up Zendesk WebHooks integration? We have you covered. In this blog post, we will take you through the high-end steps involved in working with WebHooks in Zendesk.
Table of Contents
What is Zendesk?
Zendesk is a Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) tool that provides complete solutions for customer needs. It’s actually a suite of support apps that helps transform your customer service into agents for customer retention & lead sources. It has one of the most flexible plan structures, making it ideal for business of any size.
Zendesk consists of support, chat, call centre solution and knowledge-based modules that have the flexibility to get upgraded individually. Its support plans include basic versions of chat, call centre & knowledge base.
To summarize Zendesk provides the following features:
- Flexible ticket management with automated workflow
- Mobile support with native iPhone, iPad, and Android apps
- Robust reporting and advanced analytics
- Open API enabling seamless integration into your business
- Export ticket views to CSV
- Rest API
- Group rules and macros
- SSO with Twitter, Facebook, Google and SAML
- Over 100 out-of-the-box integrations with 3rd party apps
- Customer facing web interface that you can easily brand
- & much more
Benefits of Zendesk
Zendesk provides the following benefits:-
- Extraordinary features so its more than just ticketing
- Scale your Customer Services
- Engage High-Value prospects
- Content Maximization using Zendesk AI based bot.
- Zendesk Explore provides reportings as forecasting, Dashboard viewer portal, secured attributes & customized fields.
- Zendesk provides call options including inbound & outbound calls, voice mail, automatic ticket creation & caller display with history.
- Zendesk automates common tasks that include the repetitive process, thereby frees up your agent’s time and enables them to solve the complex problem faster.
So overall zendesk Zendesk comprises several customer service features in its help desk system. From easy ticket tracking options to complex pre-configured automation rules, undeniably this support ticket system can save both money and time while ensuring better customer satisfaction.
Hevo Data provides its users with a platform for integrating data for analysis. It is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you combine data from multiple sources. It provides you with a consistent and reliable solution for managing data in real-time, ensuring that you always have analysis-ready data at your desired destination. Your job is to focus on key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools.
Get started with hevo for free
Let’s discuss some unbeatable features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-day free trial!
- Fully Automated: Hevo can be set-up in a few minutes and requires zero maintenance and management.
- Scalability: Hevo is built to handle millions of records per minute without any latency.
- Secure: Hevo offers two-factor authentication and end-to-end encryption so that your data is safe and secure.
- Fault-Tolerant: Hevo is capable of detecting anomalies in the incoming data and informs you instantly. All the affected rows are kept aside for correction so that it doesn’t hamper your workflow.
- Real-Time: Hevo provides real-time data migration. So, your data is always ready for analysis.
- 100+ Pre-Built Integrations: Hevo supports pre-built integration with 100+ data sources.
- Live Support: Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
WebHooks in Zendesk
Webhooks, on the other hand, are automated calls from example.com to a server. Those calls are triggered when a specific event happens on example.com. For example, if a new user signs up on example.com, the automated call may be configured to ask the server to send out a welcome email.
WebHooks receive calls through HTTP Posts only when the external system you are hooked to has a data update.
Webhooks are commonly used to perform smaller requests and tasks, however, there are situations where a webhook is more appropriate than an entire API.
One common scenario is when your app or platform demands real-time updates, but you don’t want to waste your resources. In this instance, a webhook framework would be beneficial.
Setting up Webhook (HTTP Target) with Slack (A Working Example)
Slack as we know is a very popular team collaboration platform. In this example, we will show how to use an HTTP Target to send comments from newly rated tickets directly into Slack by integrating directly into a Slack channel using Slack’s incoming webhooks.
Setting up the HTTP Target
Below are simple steps to set up Slack’s webhook functionality. More detail can be found on this link.
- Go into the Settings of your app. Create an app if you have not already created it. Click on the Incoming Webhooks.
- Click the Incoming Webhook toggle button from Off to On.
3. After you enable it, there will be some more options that will appear. Click on “Add new Webhook to WorkSpace”
4. Webhook will be created as a result of Step 3. It will ask you where to Post, you can chose #general for now. You will be sent back to the settings with now having a Webhook created. Copy the Webhook, It would look like this:-
Create a Target in Zendesk
- As an admin, navigate to Settings → Extensions → Add Target.
- Click on HTTP Target.
3. Configure the webhook to use the url generated earlier. This one:
- Click on Submit Button to save the target.
Next Step is to configure a trigger notification using created Target.
HTTP Target as a Trigger Action Configuration
- As a Zendesk Admin, move to Settings → Business Rules → Triggers.
- Click on Add Trigger.
- You can configure your Trigger Conditions to notify the slack target on the conditions that have been set.
- Finally, you can set the actions needed to be performed if certain conditions mentioned above are met.
- Finally, you can click on “Create Trigger” containing the JSON formatted content.
So finally you have established Zendesk Webhooks integration and now you will be able to receive tickets into your slack channel from Zendesk. An easy way to complete the above-mentioned tricky process is to use Hevo Data which provides integration with 100+ software/tools & sets up these data Pipelines without any hustle.
visit our website to explore hevo
You can now load Zendesk data to any Data Warehouse such as Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, or a destination of your choice without writing code in just a few minutes for free with Hevo.
Give Hevo a try and sign up for a 14-day free trial today.
Have any further queries? Get in touch with us in the comments section below.