The subscription-based business model helps companies keep customers engaged with their services for an extended period, though managing recurring payments, cancellations, discounts, and other billing operations become a tedious task. Expanding a business becomes difficult with the increasing number of customers. Many enterprises use Salesforce to organize their workflows because it is one of the best CRM (Customer Relation Management) platforms available.
Zuora is a billing software provider service that delivers companies full-fledged billing and payments management software. Many companies use Zuora Salesforce Integration for managing their payment processing. Zuora Salesforce automates and manages most of the subscription-based billing, recurring payments, and other Financial Management tasks and allows them to focus more on business strategies.
Salesforce also allows companies to integrate all other apps and services that they use in one place. Zuora integrates with other apps with the help of Salesforce and manages all the payment processing tasks for you. In this article, you will read about Zuora and Salesforce. Also, you will learn the steps to set up Zuora Salesforce Integration and its benefits.
Table of Contents
- An active Zuora account.
- An active Salesforce account.
Introduction to Zuora
Zuora is a global leader in enterprise software that creates and delivers subscription-based billing software to businesses. It helps companies automate billing, recurring payments, collection, revenue realization, and subscription metrics solutions. It is a Cloud based platform that can easily integrate with other payment services, CRMs, and ERP platforms to deliver a seamless solution in subscription Commerce, Finance, and billing.
With the help of Zuora, companies can monitor the subscription activities and provide offers, discounts, or coupons to specific customers to motivate them to subscribe again. It offers customer behavioral data that comes in handy to analyze the whole customer lifecycle and provide them better customer experience. Zuora allows you to decide the right price for your product or services after calculating taxes, Marketing, profitability, and other metrics.
Key Features of Zuora
Zuora is enterprise software that provides billing and recurring payments solutions to companies. It is the only software available to work seamlessly with enterprises and automate the workflow. A few more features of Zuora are listed below:
- Z-Commerce: Zuora helps enterprises solve and automate the process of managing their Sales and Marketing services related to billing and discounts. Businesses have to deal with global taxes, overseas operations, and much more. Z-Commerce helps the Finance department of companies to ease their tasks.
- Reporting: Zuora features automated revenue recognition reports that allow companies to track Sales and profitability. Also, it helps users to create different strategies for different regions based on performance.
- Integrations: Zuora comes with many pre-built integrations with gateways and other platforms to centralize all their billing, Marketing, and other operations in one place.
To learn more about Zuora, click here.
Introduction to Salesforce
Salesforce is a CRM platform that helps companies organize all their workflows in one place. Users can manage their Marketing, Sales, Finance, Commerce, and all other operation from Salesforce. Its user-friendly interface allows users to effortlessly set up and use the platform without any technical knowledge. Salesforce helps enterprises to connect with partners, customers, and associates.
Customers are the most valuable asset for any business, and Salesforce focuses on acquiring and interacting with customers to make conversions. Salesforce is compatible with any industry that needs to manage customer support and automate its workflows.
Key Features of Salesforce
Salesforce is one of the widely used CRM software that helps companies better interact with customers and try to bring them closer. Companies prefer Salesforce over other CRM tools because it offers many features. A few features of Salesforce are listed below:
- Mobile App: Salesforce allows users to work anytime, anywhere with the help of its mobile app. Users can monitor the workflow, assign tasks, change roles, analyze reports even while traveling.
- Analytics and Forecasting: Companies can use data available in Salesforce to analyze and generate shareable reports. Moreover, Salesforce offers Sales forecasts and other advanced Analytics tools to make better business decisions.
- Sales Collaboration: Salesforce helps teams to work together and share information and files securely. It allows them to work effectively to achieve a common goal.
To learn more about Salesforce, click here.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Salesforce, Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources including Salesforce and 30+ data sources for free and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo not only loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination but also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set Up Zuora Salesforce Integration
Now that you have learned about Zuora and Salesforce. In this section, you will go through the steps to set up Zuora Salesforce Integration. For this Integration, you need to buy the Zuora Salesforce package from the AppExchange Marketplace. Once you bought that package, you can move further in the process. The steps to buying the package are listed in the process. The following steps are listed below:
Step 1: Installing the Zuora App in Salesforce
- Log in to your Salesforce account here.
- Now go to Zuora Salesforce AppExchange Marketplace here.
- The new page will show the app listing for the Zuora Salesforce package on AppExchange.
- Now, click on the “Get it now” button to install Zuora for Salesforce from AppExchange, shown in the image below.
- Log in to AppExchange using your Salesforce account.
- Now buy the Zuora Salesforce package. It will take some time for the package provider to respond. After successfully getting the package you can move ahead in the process.
- It will ask you where you want to install the Zuora Salesforce package.
- You can choose the “Install in Production” or “Install in Sandbox” option, shown in the image below.
- The “Production” option will install the Zuora Salesforce package in a live environment that directly applies changes to your settings and live environment.
- The “Sandbox” option will install the Zuora Salesforce in a copy of a live environment that can be used for testing.
- It will now provide you an overview of the installation details, click on the “Confirm and Install” button.
- Now choose whether you want to install for all users or Admins only, then click on the “Install” button.
- Now grant 3rd party Access to data and click on the “Continue” button.
Step 2: Configuring the Zuora Account
- Log in to your Zuora account here.
- Now, if you have not set up an API user role before then, to set up API user role and API user navigate to “Setting > Administration“.
- Now go to the “Manage User Roles” option and click on the “Add new role“ option, shown in the image below.
- Here fill in all the details for role name, API writes access, etc.
- Then click on the “Save” button.
- Now go to “Manage Users” and it will open “All Users Page“.
- Now give access to users for their roles and fill all the required fields.
- Click on the “Zuora Platform Role” and then select the “API user“.
- Configure all the other user settings and then click on the “Save” button. It will send invitations to users for API roles to accept the role. Until then, it will show pending status.
Step 3: Integrating Zuora With Salesforce
- Go to your Salesforce account as System Administrator.
- Now, open your Zuora App from the App Menu located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Select the “Zuora Quotes” option from the drop-down menu at the top right corner. It will change the view to e Zuora Quotes view.
- Now, it will open the configuration page where you can configure the Zuora Salesforce package.
- Copy the API URL from your Zuora account and paste it into the “Remote Site URL” field, shown in the image below.
- Provide all the remaining details regarding field mappings, users, permissions, payment methods, etc. based on your company’s requirements.
- Then click the “Save” button.
That’s it! You have completed Zuora Salesforce Integration.
Benefits of Zuora Salesforce Integration
Zuora Salesforce Integration allows enterprises to efficiently manage all their billing and recurring payments tasks in one place. The Integration becomes useful in expanding business and managing customer billing globally. A few benefits of Zuora Salesforce Integration are listed below:
- Zuora Salesforce Integration allows companies to focus on Sales with Salesforce and customer billing with Zuora.
- It creates a seamless communication of data between both platforms to organize all the workflow in one place.
- It automates the customer billing plans and payments. The Zuora Salesforce Integration also allows companies to analyze customer billing usage and their behavioral data from Zuora to Salesforce.
- The sync between Zuora Salesforce eliminates the manual data entry and errors associated with it.
In this article, you learnt the steps to set up Zuora Salesforce Integration and how Zuora helps enterprises automate all their billing processing tasks. You also read about a few benefits of Zuora Salesforce Integration. Salesforce organizes all the company’s workflow in one place and allows Zuora to integrate data with other apps also and automate the whole billing system. Salesforce contains valuable data related to Marketing, Sales, Finance, etc.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Companies can use all the data on Salesforce to run analysis and generate insights from it. Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you transfer data from Salesforce for free to desired Data Warehouse. It fully automates the process to load and transform data from 100+ sources to a destination of your choice without writing a single line of code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of learning about Zuora Salesforce Integration in the comments section below!