Real-time data is the fuel that drives Modern day business today. However, with data siloed away in multiple data stores, companies struggle to bring fresh & accurate data into a central repository for gaining business-critical insights. And, investing your engineering bandwidth to build & maintain data pipelines for pulling in data is not an ideal option.
To remedy this, third-party ETL solutions like Airbyte, Hevo & Stitch Data seamlessly automate the data integration process. Though, you need to weigh in the engineering & business requirements while selecting a tool for your firm. You need to compare the various aspects like replication frequency, transformation capabilities, pricing, pre-built data connectors, etc, for making an informed choice.
While Airbyte is a popular Open-Source ELT Tool, it has its share of shortcomings. To ease out the selection process for you, we have prepared a list of Top 10 Airbyte Alternatives along with their pros & cons.
Table of Contents
- What is Airbyte?
- What are the drawbacks of using Airbyte?
- Top 10 Airbyte Alternatives
- Airbyte Alternatives: Hevo
- Airbyte Alternatives: Supermetrics
- Airbyte Alternatives: Xplenty
- Airbyte Alternatives: Fivetran
- Airbyte Alternatives: Matillion
- Airbyte Alternatives: Stitch Data
- Airbyte Alternatives: Skyvia
- Airbyte Alternatives: Workato
- Airbyte Alternatives: Panoply
- Airbyte Alternatives: Improvado
What is Airbyte?
Launched in 2020, Airbyte allows you to transfer data from a collection of sources to a Data Warehouse. With 120+ connectors, Airbyte provides you to extract, transform & load data from applications, APIs & databases to data warehouses, lakes, and several other destinations. Owing to Airbyte’s Open-source model, businesses can now support each other by building and maintaining their unique connectors.
Key Features of Airbyte
- Extensible: Using the Connector Development Kit, Data engineers can build custom connectors.
- Transformation: With DBT integration, engineers can design their custom transformations.
- Automation: You can automate your replication frequency and perform incremental updates to save costs.
- Support: Since it is an Open-Source ETL Tool, there is a growing community of developers that updates the connectors when the source APIs & schemas evolve.
What are the drawbacks of using Airbyte?
While using Airbyte as your Open-Source ETL tool, you will encounter the following challenges:
- To set up your data pipeline, you need technical knowledge and spend a significant portion of your engineering bandwidth to develop, maintain & manage your connectors.
- There are frequent new releases & lack of effective error handling.
- The UI and the tool are not beginner-friendly for non-technical users like business analysts.
- You need technical know-how to set up your custom transformations.
- You can only perform transformations after loading the data to your data warehouse. It lacks pre-load transformation capabilities.
Top 10 Airbyte Alternatives for 2022
In this article, we discuss various Airbyte Alternatives you could use to achieve your data goals. Hevo, a fully-managed Data Pipeline platform, offers seamless data replication and transformation. With Hevo, you can replicate data from a growing library of 150+ plug-and-play integrations and 15+ destinations — SaaS apps, databases, data warehouses, and much more.GET STARTED WITH HEVO FOR FREE
Here’s a list of Top 10 Airbyte Alternatives for 2022:
Top 10 Airbyte Alternatives
Airbyte Alternatives: Hevo
Best Airbyte Alternative for teams that need a No-Code ETL solution.
Hevo, a fully-managed Data Pipeline platform, offers seamless data replication and transformation. With Hevo, you can replicate data from a growing library of 150+ plug-and-play integrations and 15+ destinations — SaaS apps, databases, data warehouses, and much more. Without writing a single line of code, Hevo fully manages and automates the process of not only loading data from your chosen source but also enriching the data and changing it into a form that is suitable for analysis. Due to its fault-tolerant architecture, data is handled securely, consistently, and without any data loss.
It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination. It allows you to focus on the key business needs and perform insightful analysis.
Using manual scripts and custom code to move data into the warehouse is cumbersome. Changing API endpoints and limits, ad-hoc data preparation, and inconsistent schema makes maintaining such a system a nightmare. Hevo’s reliable no-code data pipeline platform enables you to set up zero-maintenance data pipelines that just work.
- Wide Range of Connectors – Instantly connect and read data from 150+ sources including SaaS apps and databases, and precisely control pipeline schedules down to the minute.
- In-built Transformations – Format your data on the fly with Hevo’s preload transformations using either the drag-and-drop interface or our nifty python interface. Generate analysis-ready data in your warehouse using Hevo’s Postload Transformation
- Near Real-Time Replication – Get access to near real-time replication for all database sources with log-based replication. For SaaS applications, near real-time replication is subject to API limits.
- Auto-Schema Management – Correcting improper schema after the data is loaded into your warehouse is challenging. Hevo automatically maps source schema with destination warehouse so that you don’t face the pain of schema errors.
- Transparent Pricing – Say goodbye to complex and hidden pricing models. Hevo’s Transparent Pricing brings complete visibility to your ELT spend. Choose a plan based on your business needs. Stay in control with spend alerts and configurable credit limits for unforeseen spikes in the data flow.
- 24×7 Customer Support – With Hevo you get more than just a platform, you get a partner for your pipelines. Discover peace with round-the-clock “Live Chat” within the platform. What’s more, you get 24×7 support even during the 14-day free trial.
- Security – Discover peace with end-to-end encryption and compliance with all major security certifications including HIPAA, GDPR, and SOC-2.
Airbyte Alternatives: Supermetrics
As one of the popular Airbytes Alternatives, Supermetrics is a cloud-based marketing ETL platform. Offering 90 + Sales & Marketing data connectors, Supermetrics extracts and loads data from your data sources to a data Warehouse, Data Lake, or BI tool. By providing a unified view of different marketing data, marketing teams and other stakeholders can see what’s working and what’s not, making it easier to fix their marketing campaigns.
Who Should use Supermetrics?
It is best for businesses looking to pull data from multiple marketing sources and aggregate it for reporting or analytics. It is useful for organizations that advertise on several platforms having basic reporting functionalities.
- It has a beginner-friendly UI that allows you to create & run queries on triggers.
- Supermetrics has a great team of data experts that can solve all doubts on the fly.
- Offers a large collection of dimensions & metrics to choose from.
- It only provides integrations to marketing & sales data sources.
- A few marketing data connections are a bit expensive.
- Limited Data Transformations capabilities.
|It offers only 90+ marketing & sales data integrations.||Airbyte provides 120+ pre-built data connectors.||Hevo offers 150+ data connectors (including 40+ free sources) covering SaaS apps, Databases, CRMs, Marketing Tools & Data Warehouses.|
|Supermetrics offers limited data transformation functions.||Airbyte only offers post-load transformations using the DBT integration.||Hevo provides you with drag n drop, python-based & SQL pre-load complex data transformation capabilities. You can also perform post-load transformations using the SQL interface.|
Airbyte Alternatives: Xplenty
As an essential part of Integrate.io products, Xplenty is one of the popular Airbyte Alternatives. It provides a simple ETL tool that requires no coding or deployment. This allows enterprises to implement, process, and prepare data for cloud analytics. With its user-friendly interface, you can quickly get started with this scalable platform without the need for any programming skills. This gives organizations quick access to big data insights without the need to purchase software, hardware, and other tools.
Who should use Xplenty?
Xplenty is a good solution for companies that works with multiple IT systems that are based on different formats. Using Xplenty, you simply extract and merge data from several sources and make it available for BI tools or other IT systems.
- Xplenty has detailed documentation and a team of experts to help you out with your queries.
- The drag and drop interface allows you quickly set up your pipeline.
- You can easily manage data source and destination connections with an added ability to add notes to dataflows.
- You need some technical expertise to get started with the software as it has a significant learning curve.
- You might find it challenging to debug as the error logs lack specificity.
|Xplenty doesn’t offer transparent pricing, though you can opt for the 7-day free trial.||It follows Infrastructure pricing that is based on computation time and egress cost.||You can get started with full feature access 14-day free trial. Offering transparent pricing based on the number of events ingested per month, you can choose the free plan or go for a custom plan built for your business.|
|It offers multiple in-built features like Dashboard, Expression editor, Schema &Reporting tool.||Airbyte only offers post-load transformations using the DBT integration.||Loaded with SQL-based pre & post data transformation capabilities. You can also perform drag n drop & python based pre-load transformations.|
Airbyte Alternatives: Fivetran
Coming in the top Airbyte Alternatives, Fivetran is another maintenance-free ETL platform that connects applications and databases to a central data warehouse, enabling businesses of all sizes to collect and analyze business data. Fivetran offers a variety of data connectors that allow users to seamlessly collect data from their business applications.
Who should use Fivetran?
Organizations looking for automated data ingestions from multiple sources with simple data standardizations.
- It provides a user-friendly interface to quickly get started with data replication.
- Fivetran has detailed documentation to help quickly set up connectors.
- It is an expensive solution compared to other Airbyte Alternatives.
- Alerting and notification system could be enhanced and be more timely.
- Doesn’t support complex data standardization.
|It charges you based on the number of rows updated per month. It is an expensive solution starting at 120$ for 2 M events/ month.||It follows Infrastructure pricing that is based on computation time and egress cost.||With absolute transparent pricing, Hevo charges you on the number of events ingested per month. Starting from a free plan, you can also opt for a custom plan suitable for your business needs.|
|Fivetran only supports post-load transformations using copy & paste SQL.||Airbyte only offers post-load transformations using the DBT integration.||Hevo provides you with drag n drop, python-based & SQL pre-load complex data transformation capabilities. You can also perform post-load transformations using the SQL interface.|
Airbyte Alternatives: Matillion
Another one of the top Airbyte competitors is Matillion. It is an effective cloud-based ETL tool available on the AWS Marketplace. Billed on an hourly basis, it allows you to easily extract and load data from a comprehensive list of data sources using a user-friendly GUI without programming. This allows you to completely automate most tasks in the ETL process with little manual intervention.
Who should use Matillion?
It is a boon for companies struggling with un-transparent data pipelines and needs to spend a considerable portion of data engineers’ time on developing data connectors. As one of the main Airbyte Alternatives, it is also a low-code/no-code platform that everyone can quickly get started with & understand how to connect multiple systems & send data to a centralized location.
- It offers an intuitive & user-friendly workflow orchestration with support for multiple languages such as SQL, Python, bash, and various API connectors.
- Matillion has a team of trained & responsive data experts to help you solve your doubts.
- It provides a smooth approach for handling failures in processes.
- An improved notification & alerting system is required for queued jobs.
- The interface specific to the python script component needs a friendlier window in which to edit your scripts.
|It only offers around 40 data connectors.||Airbyte offers more than 120 data connectors.||Hevo provides 150+ data connectors(including 40 + free sources).|
|It offers multiple data stack components such as Data ingestion, ELT, and business intelligence.||Airbyte only focuses on ELT with support for only post-load transformations using the DBT integration.||Hevo offers ETL, ELT & reverse ETL solutions. It is loaded with SQL-based pre & post-load data transformation capabilities. You can also perform drag n drop & python based pre-load transformations.|
Airbyte Alternatives: Stitch Data
As one of the great Airbyte Alternatives open source, Stitch Data is a cloud-based ETL solution that allows you to move data from a list of 120 data sources to a specified destination. Extracting, Transforming & loading your data to a central location, Stitch Data allows your business teams to focus on analyzing data rather than worrying about building and managing a data pipeline.
Who should use Stich Data?
Stitch is a good solution for small to medium-sized companies searching for a solution that quickly ingests data from common APIs/platforms.
- It has a simple UI that makes it easy to configure which tables should be replicated, and how they should be replicated.
- It effectively manages the conversion of data types and schemas.
- Data replication from NoSQL Databases like MongoDB is a challenge in Stitch. Many times, object flattening of unstructured data in NoSQL Databases leads to inaccurate data in your Data Warehouse.
- Stitch doesn’t have pre-load or post-load data transformation capabilities.
- A refined error messaging & notification system is required to assist you in easily identifying the problem in a timely manner.
|It offers 100+ data connectors.||Airbytes provides 120+ data integrations.||Hevo offers 150+ data connectors (including 40+ free sources) covering SaaS apps, Databases, CRMs, Marketing Tools & Data Warehouses.|
|Stitch lacks data transformation capabilities.||Airbyte only offers post-load transformations using the DBT integration.||Loaded with SQL-based pre & post-load data transformation capabilities. You can also perform drag n drop & python based pre-load transformations.|
Airbyte Alternatives: Skyvia
Skyvia is a universal cloud data platform that gives users complete control over business data from a variety of sources. It allows you to easily consolidate cloud and relational data without any coding. With just a few clicks, you can back up your data securely and restore it when needed. You can simply view and managed data online using SQL or the OData REST API.
Who should use Skyvia?
Skyvia is one of the popular Alternatives to Airbyte useful for businesses to achieve a unidirectional data sync from one data source to another without any coding.
- It has a great support team that is very responsive and will help you to resolve issues or questions quickly
- Skyvia provides an easy-to-learn user interface.
- It automatically syncs the mapping of the similarly named fields.
- Data synchronization is sometimes a slow process with Skyvia.
- It offers only a limited number of pre-built integrations.
|Skyvia offers limited integrations with 40+ data connectors.||Airbyte offers more than 120 data connectors.||Hevo provides 150+ data connectors(including 40 + free sources). You can also request a custom connector & Hevo will build it for you.|
|Charging 399$/month for 10M records, Skyvia is an expensive solution.||It follows Infrastructure pricing that is based on computation time and egress cost.||With absolute transparent pricing, Hevo charges you on the number of events ingested per month. With full-feature access 14-day free trial, you can also opt for a free plan offering 1M records/month or select a custom plan built for your business.|
Airbyte Alternatives: Workato
Another one of the main AirbyteAlternatives is Workato. It is a cloud automation and integration platform that connects with 100+ business applications. Workato allows both business and IT teams to connect applications and automate business processes without compromising security and governance. This allows companies to drive the results of business events in real-time.
Who should use Workato?
It is a good solution for businesses that use SaaS applications with API capabilities and need low data volume integrations.
- It provides a brilliant team of technical experts to solve all your queries.
- With a simple UI, you can get started quickly with your integrations.
- It requires some programming knowledge to customize the integrations.
- It lacks data transformation capabilities.
- Not efficient in handling large & complex enterprise integrations.
|It offers 100+ data sources.||Airbyte provides 120+ pre-built connectors.||Hevo offers 150+ data connectors (including 40+ free sources).|
|Workato offers limited data transformation functions.||Airbyte only offers post-load transformations using the DBT integration||Hevo provides you with drag n drop, python-based & SQL pre-load complex data transformation capabilities. You can also perform post-load transformations using the SQL interface.|
Airbyte Alternatives: Panoply
Panoply is a cloud-based solution that makes data synchronization, storage, and access fast and easy. This simple, low-maintenance tool makes it super easy to perform advanced analysis without investing resources in complex data engineering tasks. Panoply gives you access to a no-code interface & supercharges your data analysis using BI tools. It provides data that can be analyzed in minutes and industry-leading 24/7 support.
Who should use Panoply?
As one of the Airbyte Alternatives, Panoply is a good solution for businesses that deal with large amounts of data & do not want all users of the company to see or view it. Apart from the ETL solution, it also provides an easy-to-setup Data Warehouse for companies that need to build a complete multipurpose data stack.
- With easy data integrations, importing data into the data warehouse is a seamless process.
- Automated data modeling analysis without any need for continuously monitoring it.
- Automated query optimization speeds up the dashboard analysis.
- Panoply provides comprehensive documentation and online support to solve your queries.
- The user interface can be improved for a better intuitive experience.
- It can be a little expensive compared to other Airbyte Alternatives.
|Once data is synced with the built-in ETL integrations, you can query it using Panoply’s workbench or connect your favorite BI tool.||Airbyte only offers post-load transformations using the DBT integration.|
|There are no hidden charges for adding users or the number of queries run i.e. cost is more predictable than with pay-by-the-hour or pay-by-the-row models.||It follows Infrastructure pricing that is based on computation time and egress cost.||Hevo offers a transparent pricing structure based on the number of records you consumed per month. Starting from a free plan, you can also choose a custom plan based on your business use case.|
Airbyte Alternatives: Improvado
Improvado is also counted among widely used Airbyte Alternatives. Improvado is essentially an ETL platform designed to help marketing and business teams to transform data into consistent, useful, and meaningful insights across platforms. It provides an easy-to-use & intuitive platform that eliminates the need for developers to assist with implementation and modification creating a data flow. Using Improvado, you can simply retrieve all real-time data in one place using automated dashboards and reports.
Who should use Improvado?
This is a great ETL tool for marketers that allows you to get data from multiple sources and perform in-depth cross-channel marketing analytics. Improvado enables you to gain well-arranged insights into the company’s marketing channel’s performance in real-time. It also helps mitigate risk when tuning your marketing strategy.
- It has a dedicated 24/7 support team that can assist in resolving your queries quickly.
- Improvado supports 200+ marketing sources.
- Improvado dashboard provides you with a holistic view of marketing channels.
- You may need prior technical knowledge as it takes time to adapt to its user interface.
- It lacks integrations with sources that are out of the marketing domain.
|It provides 200+ marketing connectors.||It offers 120+ pre-built data connectors.||Hevo offers 150+ data connectors (including 40+ free sources) covering SaaS apps, Databases, CRMs, Marketing Tools & Data Warehouses.|
|Improvado provides extensive documentation with a dedicated manager to solve your queries.||Airbyte has a growing open-source community with detailed documentation for the connectors.||You get a team of experts ready to quickly solve your queries 24/7 via Live Chat, Phone, or email. Hevo also provides you with detailed online documentation.|
In this article, you have learned about the Top 10 Airbyte Alternatives in the ETL/ELT market. By evaluating the features like replication frequency, data connectors, pricing model, easy-of-use, and transformation functionalities, you can select from these best Airbyte Alternatives. If you require a seamless data integration that doesn’t require you to code, then Hevo is the right choice for you!Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo, a No-code Data Pipeline provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to manage data transfer between a variety of sources and a wide variety of Desired Destinations, with a few clicks. Hevo has pre-built strong integrations with 150+ data connectors (including 40+ free sources) that connect with over 15+ Destinations. It allows you to simply export, load, transform & enrich your data to make it analysis-ready so that you can focus on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite firsthand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of learning about the Top 10 Airbyte Alternatives! Let us know in the comments section below!