Pardot is a business-to-business marketing automation tool from Salesforce. Pardot lets marketers automate the recurring marketing tasks, like setting up contact forms, sending out mass emails, etc. It then provides insights into how potential leads interact with these marketing assets. Pardot’s reporting functionality allows comprehensive reports to be generated on this data. Pardot can also help marketers implement automated actions when leads interact with their marketing collaterals. This post is about how to set up a custom Pardot Dashboard in detail.
Marketing automation tools provide the most value when combined with customer relationship software. As Pardot is an offering from Salesforce, it integrates seamlessly with Salesforce CRM. This tight integration helps marketers to view all their marketing metrics in one place right from the lead phase to the deal phase.
Table of Contents
- Understanding Pardot B2B Marketing Analytics
- Building a Custom B2B Marketing Analytics Pardot Dashboard
Understanding Pardot B2B Marketing Analytics
The features of the Pardot dashboard can be confusing for first-time users because of the number of options supported. Pardot dashboard is the homepage when you login into your Pardot lightning app. This dashboard displays the prospect details, the marketing calendar, active prospects, identified companies, etc. The marketing calendar displays the dates of your campaigns. The default Pardot dashboard supports only a few customizations. Pardot allows you to create a custom home page using the Lightning App builder. It is straightforward if you are used to building Salesforce lighting apps.
Pardot also provides another tool called B2B marketing analytics. It comes along with Pardot plus, advanced, and premium licenses. B2B marketing analytics provides a few out-of-the-box dashboards and even allows you to create custom dashboards using the available datasets. You will learn how to create a custom Pardot dashboard using B2B marketing dashboards.
A fully managed No-code Data Pipeline platform like Hevo Data helps you integrate and load data from 100+ different sources (including 40+ free sources such as Pardot) to a Data Warehouse or Destination of your choice in real-time in an effortless manner. Hevo with its minimal learning curve can be set up in just a few minutes allowing the users to load data without having to compromise performance. Its strong integration with umpteenth sources allows users to bring in data of different kinds in a smooth fashion without having to code a single line.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Let’s look at some salient features of Hevo:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Fully Managed: It requires no management and maintenance as Hevo is a fully automated platform.
- Transformations: Hevo provides preload transformations through Python code. It also allows you to run transformation code for each event in the Data Pipelines you set up. You need to edit the event object’s properties received in the transform method as a parameter to carry out the transformation. Hevo also offers drag and drop transformations like Date and Control Functions, JSON, and Event Manipulation to name a few. These can be configured and tested before putting them to use.
- 100% Complete & Accurate Data Transfer: Hevo’s robust infrastructure ensures reliable data transfer with zero data loss.
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo provides real-time data migration, so you can have analysis-ready data always.
- Scalable Infrastructure: Hevo has in-built integrations for 100+ sources (including 40+ free sources such as Pardot) that can help you scale your data infrastructure as required.
- Schema Management: Hevo can automatically detect the schema of the incoming data and map it to the destination schema.
- Live Monitoring: Advanced monitoring gives you a one-stop view to watch all the activities that occur within pipelines.
- 24/7 Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to you through chat, email, and support calls.
- A Pardot Plus, Advanced or Premium account, and Salesforce Enterprise or higher.
- The connected campaign feature should be enabled in your salesforce account.
- A basic understanding of marketing automation and analytics.
Building a Custom B2B Marketing Analytics Pardot Dashboard
B2B marketing analytics studio organizes dashboards using a concept called the lens. A lens is a specific view of data and the basic building block of any dashboard. So, the first step in setting up a custom dashboard starts with creating a lens. In this case, you will be using the email dataset to create a lens.
- Head to the Analytics studio and click the Email data set. The lens creation view will open up.
- For X-axis, select ‘Average‘ and select ‘Total CTR’. For the vertical axis, select the Sent on Date.
- Select the chart mode and select the bar chart for visualization. Click the ‘scissors’ symbol and click ‘Clip to designer’. It makes the lens available for dragging and dropping to your dashboard.
- Now, that you have built your lens, creating the dashboard is as simple as going to the ‘New Dashboard’ view and dragging the lens to the canvas.
That is how you set up a B2B marketing analytics dashboard in Pardot. The important thing to do before creating such a dashboard is to establish an objective for your team and define how frequently you need to track the metrics of success. Dashboards work best when they are closely tied to the team objective.
Pardot dashboards are a powerful tool for evaluating the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns. The custom dashboards help you to see exactly where attention is required. The cloud-based software-as-a-service offerings, like Salesforce and Pardot, go a long way in ensuring that your teams stay on track for their marketing objectives. If you are someone who uses a lot of automated cloud-based tools for various activities, you may be interested in a cloud-based ETL tool.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to manage data transfer between a variety of sources and a wide variety of Desired Destinations with a few clicks.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo Data with its strong integration with 100+ data sources (including 40+ free sources such as Pardot) allows you to not only export data from your desired data sources & load it to the destination of your choice but also transform & enrich your data to make it analysis-ready so that you can focus on your key business needs and perform insightful analysis using BI tools.
Want to give Hevo a try?
Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You may also have a look at the amazing price, which will assist you in selecting the best plan for your requirements.
Share your experience of understanding Pardot Dashboard in the comment section below! We would love to hear your thoughts.
No-code Data Pipeline for your Data Warehouse