In this modern era, Content & Digital Marketing are big businesses, and Marketers are always looking for innovative ways to reach out to new audiences and expand the reach of not only content but also the products/services offered by the company. These platforms are rapidly becoming one of the most important marketplaces for Advertising. Taboola and Outbrain are the two most popular Content & Digital Marketing platforms and they have been active in the market for several years. When it comes to Content & Digital Marketing, the choice of Taboola vs Outbrain is a difficult one.
Taboola is a cloud-based Content Discovery and Marketing tool for all types of publishers, from individual writers to large media companies. Top publishers utilize Taboola to track reader engagement and spread content across major websites, such as USA Today, Mail Online, and Business Insiders. Outbrain is the world’s leading native Advertising platform, guiding customers’ digital journeys all over the world. Outbrain offers over 275 billion recommendations every month, organically personalizing and improving the reader experience.
This article will give you a comprehensive guide to help you answer the Taboola vs Outbrain decision. You will explore the key features of Taboola Outbrain. You will also get to know about the key factors that differentiate both these Content & Digital Marketing platforms. In the end, you will be in the position to choose the best platform based on your business requirements. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Taboola
- Key Features of Taboola
- Introduction to Outbrain
- Key Features of Outbrain
- Factors that Drive the Taboola vs Outbrain Decision
Introduction to Taboola
Taboola is a Content Discovery and Marketing platform for publishers, writers, and media companies. It connects businesses with their target audiences by publishing relevant content on websites and posting on social media. Taboola assists business owners in raising brand awareness for B2B and B2C targeting choices, allowing them to reach larger audiences and convert more Leads.
Taboola was founded in 2007 by Adam Singolda, and it now serves over 550 million unique visitors every month with more than 200 billion recommendations. Moreover, the platform provides publishers with a simple but useful control panel that includes a reporting area as well as a section for restricting certain content. Today, it is used by publishers, advertisers, and agencies to keep people on their sites, monetize their traffic, and distribute their content to high-quality audiences.
Key Features of Taboola
Taboola has a wide range of features that set it apart from other Advertising platforms. Some of the key features of Taboola include:
- Publishers can enhance the quality of their website content by using A/B testing and actionable data insights.
- Taboola helps publishers to increase their traffic by sharing it with third-party sites and partners.
- Taboola allows you to optimize your website so that each visitor gets a unique experience based on how they interact with it.
- Users can benefit from in-feed videos that blend in perfectly with the content and thus resulting in a better page experience.
- Publishers can see which post-click behavior works best for them and tailor it to their requirements.
To know more about Taboola, visit this link.
Introduction to Outbrain
Outbrain is a premium native Advertising platform that enables Marketers to engage with their target audience by providing personalized recommendations across the world’s top publications. It captures your audiences’ interest and inspires their next action using Proprietary Interest and Behavioral Data. In Outbrain, each content is endorsed to the most interested readers in their network using more than 50 algorithms. These algorithms will prioritize the headlines that are most engaging in your campaign. They’ll figure out which content is the most popular and leverage that to attract new customers.
Moreover, Outbrain assists publishers in monetizing and measuring their content, which is one of the biggest challenges for modern publishers. Also, it provides flexible and customizable solutions to satisfy all of your company’s requirements and content types.
Outbrain was founded in 2006 by Yaron Galai and today, Outbrain can connect prominent publisher websites such as CNN, Fox News, Mashable, MSNBC, and others with a highly engaged audience. Collaboration with premium publications ensures the quality of content traffic, which is a huge advantage.
Key Features of Outbrain
Outbrain has a wide range of features that set it apart from other advertising platforms. Some of the key features of Outbrain include:
- Businesses can use Outbrain’s API to enhance video views and display video recommendations, as well as partner with the finest content creators.
- Outbrain offers useful features such as advanced conversion and testing tools for those who wish to achieve specific goals.
- Outbrain VR combines editorial judgment and decision-making with data gathered through algorithm recommendations and analytics to simplify content programming and enhance audience engagement.
- Outbrain’s Amplify service helps businesses reach an engaged audience using a flexible pay-per-click approach that directs traffic to blogs, articles, and video content.
- Outbrain’s Discovery Modules allow users to see the most recent trends in intriguing information. It may be customized and tailored to meet specific business objectives.
To know more about Outbrain, visit this link.
Simplify Data Analysis using Hevo’s No-code Data Pipeline
Hevo Data helps you directly transfer data from Taboola, Outbrain, and 100+ data sources (including 30+ free sources) to Business Intelligence tools, Data Warehouses, or a destination of your choice in a completely hassle-free & automated manner. Hevo is fully managed and completely automates the process of not only loading data from your desired source but also enriching the data and transforming it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code. It helps transfer data from Outbrain to a destination of your choice for free. Its fault-tolerant architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
Hevo takes care of all your data preprocessing needs required to set up the integration and lets you focus on key business activities and draw a much powerful insight on how to generate more leads, retain customers, and take your business to new heights of profitability. It provides a consistent & reliable solution to manage data in real-time and always have analysis-ready data in your desired destination.Get Started with Hevo for Free
Check out what makes Hevo amazing:
- Real-Time Data Transfer: Hevo with its strong Integration with 100+ Sources (including 30+ Free Sources), allows you to transfer data quickly & efficiently. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Data Transformation: It provides a simple interface to perfect, modify, and enrich the data you want to transfer.
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Tremendous Connector Availability: Hevo houses a large variety of connectors and lets you bring in data from numerous Marketing & SaaS applications, databases, etc. such as HubSpot, Marketo, MongoDB, Oracle, Salesforce, Redshift, etc. in an integrated and analysis-ready form.
- Simplicity: Using Hevo is easy and intuitive, ensuring that your data is exported in just a few clicks.
- Completely Managed Platform: Hevo is fully managed. You need not invest time and effort to maintain or monitor the infrastructure involved in executing codes.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, email, and support calls.
Factors that Drive the Taboola vs Outbrain Decision
Both Taboola and Outbrain are popular Advertising platforms in the market. There is no one-size-fits-all answer here, instead, you must choose based on your company’s needs, budget, and other factors to make Taboola vs Outbrain decision. The primary factors that influence the Taboola Outbrain comparison are as follows:
- Taboola vs Outbrain: Support Options
- Taboola vs Outbrain: User Experience
- Taboola vs Outbrain: Quality and Performance
- Taboola vs Outbrain: Best Practices in Content Creation
- Taboola vs Outbrain: Pricing Models
1) Taboola vs Outbrain: Support Options
For a Content & Digital Marketing platform provider, technical support is of utmost importance. If your website goes down or has technical glitches, you’ll want a proactive service to help you fix that problem. To ensure that your content is working at its best, the provider should include instructional video lessons, a knowledge base (KB), and other resources.
Taboola usually responds within a reasonable time frame. However, the company does not provide a knowledge base, but it does provide a Personal Account Manager (PAM). Furthermore, these Personal Account Managers (PAMs) are easily accessible and reachable for general assistance inquiries. Also, Taboola does not have a detailed FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section.
Outbrain provides Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), phone and online help, as well as video lessons for its users. In addition, you will be contacted by a support team professional during the first 30 days, who will give you useful recommendations for monetizing your content. It is a comprehensive support solution that is beneficial for businesses to have at their disposal.
2) Taboola vs Outbrain: User Experience
User Experience refers to the interaction and experience a user has with a product, system, or service. It encompasses a person’s views on utility, usability, and efficiency. When it comes to developing and refining products, most companies, designers, and producers focus on improving the User Experience because a bad User Experience might lead to decreased product utilization.
Taboola’s User Interface has improved over time. Advertisers have benefited from Taboola Ads’ navigation, which has resulted in a far more User-Friendly Experience. It also includes new custom reporting tools to assist you in analyzing your data. Also, Taboola provides an in-built recommendation system to improve campaign performance.
Outbrain’s User Interface is more responsive, intuitive, and visually appealing. It also offers an easy-to-use Ad builder with import and export options that save time and enhance accuracy. Using the drag-and-drop interface of Outbrain, adding new images is very simple.
3) Taboola vs Outbrain: Quality and Performance
One of the most crucial determinants of a platform’s success is its Quality and Performance. Both the platforms, Taboola and Outbrain have gained significant market share because of their Quality and Performance.
Taboola can be a better choice for you if you are solely focused on direct response Advertising and a Return on Investment (ROI) in the form of sales. Their long-tail network of websites, as well as their increased bidding flexibility, often results in higher CPAs (Cost Per Action). The cost per action (CPA) refers to a pricing strategy in which Advertisers pay to media providers for specific conversions that occur after viewing an Ad.
Outbrain distinguishes itself from its competitors by connecting popular publisher websites with a highly engaged audience, such as CNN, Fox News, Mashable, MSNBC, and others. Moreover, it could be an appropriate fit for a brand-conscious company that relies on softer success indicators (such as traffic and engagement) or a corporation that loves name recognition and is ready to pay for it.
4) Taboola vs Outbrain: Best Practices in Content Creation
Understanding the platform and the standards that come with it is essential when attempting to launch a successful Content & Digital Marketing Campaign. Taboola and Outbrain both have their own set of rules and standards for distributing content to viewers. Thus, Taboola vs Outbrain decision can be challenging.
Taboola advises creating content that is both informative and engaging. Taboola believes that using stats, figures, and lists is an excellent approach to engage their target audience. Moreover, it has been seen that employing numbers in headlines produces a lot more traffic.
Outbrain’s platform works differently, it believes negative words in headlines perform better than positive terms. Moreover, Outbrain takes longer to approve and may request frequent revisions. While this may be an issue for some, it is great for individuals who want to produce high-quality content.
5) Taboola vs Outbrain: Pricing Models
Both Taboola and Outbrain are good options for getting your Adverts out there if you want to customize and target your content on these big platforms and want the best Return on Investment (ROI) from the provider. Also, they offer simple and flexible Pricing Models.
Taboola offers a cost-per-click (CPC) Pricing Model as a Content & Digital Marketing platform. The CPC for desktops in Taboola is set at $0.06. The cost per click (CPC) for mobile and tablet devices is $0.03 and $0.04, respectively. By offering services on all major platforms, it provides you a major advantage.
Outbrain’s Pricing Model is also based on a Cost-Per-Click (CPC) approach, similar to Taboola. Based on the CPC you choose, you’ll be charged for the number of clicks each content receives. Also, Outbrain imposes a monthly credit card processing fee of 2.9-4 percent, which is shown in your billing. The CPC for desktops starts at $0.05 and $0.03 for mobiles in Outbrain.
This article gave a comprehensive guide to Taboola vs Outbrain. You got a deeper understanding of Taboola Outbrain and its key features. Now, you are in the position to choose the best among the two based on your business goals and requirements. To conclude, Taboola vs Outbrain decision is entirely based on the company’s goals, resources, and also a matter of personal preference. However, Taboola caters to mid-level publications, whereas Outbrain is more focused on brands. Also, if you’re looking for a targeted audience, Outbrain is a good place to start.Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Businesses can use automated platforms like Hevo Data to set the integration and handle the ETL process. It helps you directly transfer data from a source of your choice to a Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence tools, or any other desired destination in a fully automated and secure manner without having to write any code and will provide you a hassle-free experience. It helps transfer data from Outbrain to a destination of your choice for free.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Share your experience of learning about Taboola vs Outbrain in the comments section below!