If you’re looking to migrate your data from HubSpot to SQL Server in a secure and simple manner, you’ve come to the right place. There are many reasons why organizations might want to replicate data from their source systems to the destination of their choice. For instance, migrating data to a data warehouse can help you with faster querying and computation. Some organizations might also want to migrate data from their SaaS applications, like HubSpot, to a database, like SQL Server, to centralize their data and access them more easily.
On that note, here’s a blog post that will walk you through two easy methods to perform this integration and access your data in a safe and secure way.
Method 1: Using a Private App Access Token
With HubSpot API keys being deprecated as of November 30, 2022, using an API key to migrate data from HubSpot to SQL Server may no longer be secure. Instead, you’ll need to use a private app access token to move your data from HubSpot to any destination.
Here are the detailed steps of using the private app access token to load data from HubSpot to SQL Server.
Step 1: Head to your HubSpot account to create a private app
- Navigate to Settings > API > Private Apps
- Create the app by clicking on Create Private App and entering a name for the app
Step 2: Next, click on Settings and then hit the Generate Access Token button
Step 3: Include the access token at the header of your API requests to use it to make API requests to HubSpot
Step 4: Import your HubSpot data into SQL Server
- Head to Object Explorer in SQL Server Management Studio, and expand Databases
- Now, right-click on the database that you want to import the data to
- Navigate to Tasks > Import Data
- Choose Import from a File and click on Next in the Import Data Wizard
- Next, select the File option and click on Next in the Select Source Data dialog box
- In the Select Files or Folders dialog box, browse for the files that contain the HubSpot data and then open it
- In the next step, you’ll have to head to the Select Source Tables or Views section, to select the tables or view you wish to import. Click on Next after making your selections
- Select the database and table where you want to import your data in the Select Destination dialog box, and then hit Next
- Now, you’ll have to save the import results and hit Next in the Save Options dialog box
- Finally, review all the import settings that you’ve made in the Summary dialog box and click on Finish
Your HubSpot data will be imported into the SQL Server table.
This method gives you the flexibility to choose and import data into SQL Server in the way you want it. However, with an increase in your data volume, this manual method can become too tedious and time-consuming. Plus, with the HubSpot APIs being deprecated, you’ll now have to have to create a private app access token for HubSpot SQL Server integration.
Using a no-code, fully-managed automated data pipeline can offload the stress of migrating data manually and help you allocate your engineering team’s bandwidth in other important tasks.
In the following section, we’ll discuss the automated method and the advantages of using such a tool.
Method 2: Using a No-Code Automated Data Pipeline
Using a no-code and automated third-party tool, like Hevo Data, can be incredibly useful to replicate data from HubSpot to SQL Server. Check out some of the cool benefits of such a tool to make an informed decision:
- Fully Managed: You no longer have to spend time building your own data pipelines for HubSpot SQL Server integration.
- Data Transformation: An automated data pipeline offers a user-friendly interface with drag-and-drop functions and Python scripts to let you clean, alter, and change your data.
- Faster Insight Generation: Automated data pipelines provide near real-time data replication, enabling you to generate insights instantly and take quicker decisions.
- Schema Management: All of your mappings will be automatically discovered and handled to the destination schema using the auto schema mapping feature of automated data pipelines.
- Scalable Infrastructure: A fully automated data pipeline can handle millions of records per minute with little delay as the number of sources and volume of data grow.
Hevo Data leverages all these aforementioned benefits of an automated data pipeline and helps you integrate HubSpot and SQL Server in no time.
In essentially two simple steps, you can start migrating data from HubSpot to SQL Server:
Step 1: Configure HubSpot as Source
Step 2: Configure SQL Server as Destination
And that’s all. In just a few minutes, your data will start streaming from HubSpot to SQL Server.
What Can You Achieve by Migrating Data from HubSpot to SQL Server?
There are several benefits of copying data from HubSpot to SQL Server. Some of them are:
- Increased Flexibility: You can use SQL Server’s flexible infrastructure to create custom queries and reports.
- Improved Performance: SQL Server helps you access your data more easily, which is especially important if you have large volumes of data.
- Enhanced Security: SQL Server offers a variety of security features, such as encryption and access control, which can help to protect your data from unauthorized access.
- Better Scalability: Migrating HubSpot to SQL Server enables you to easily add more data or users as your needs grow. SQL Server can be scaled horizontally or vertically, depending on your needs.
Using the two simple methods that we discussed in this blog post, you can seamlessly perform HubSpot to SQL Server ETL. The manual method can be tedious and time consuming, and also prone to errors, especially if you have large datasets. And that is why using a third-party data pipeline like Hevo, that is fully-managed and automated can be a better choice.
Hevo Data, with its 150+ plug-and-play integrations (including 50+ free sources) is helping thousands of customers take data-driven decisions through its no-code data pipeline solution for HubSpot SQL Server integration.
Saving countless hours of manual data cleaning & standardizing, Hevo Data’s pre-load data transformations for HubSpot SQL Server integration get it done in minutes via a simple drag-and-drop interface or your custom Python scripts.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? SIGN UP for a 14-day free trial and simplify your data integration process. Check out the pricing details to understand which plan fulfills all your business needs.