After being acquired by Google in early 2019, Alooma has removed support for data warehouses that are not part of the Google cloud. This has been beneficial for Google users, thus helping to focus more on the Analytics and business side — Thanks to its automation capabilities!
But what about users who use non-Google data warehouses like Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, etc.? They have been forced to look for alternative data pipeline solutions.
This article has comprehensively listed the top 12 tools that can be considered Alooma alternatives. You can go through the list and decide which tool suits your data integration needs in the best possible way.
Table of Contents
12 Best Alooma Alternatives
After carefully accessing the problems you might be facing while using Alooma, we have prepared a comprehensive list of alternative solutions that would make your ETL process easier, faster, and smoother.
Hevo is a fully-managed Data Pipeline platform, that offers seamless data replication and transformation. Its pre-load and post-load transformation capabilities can accommodate almost any use case. While moving data, you can easily transform all your data using both Python-based transformation scripts and drag-and-drop transformation blocks.
With Hevo, you can replicate data from a growing library of 150+ ready-to-use integrations and 15+ destinations — SaaS apps, data warehouses, databases, data warehouses, and much more.
Without writing a single line of code, Hevo fully manages and automates the process of not only loading data from your chosen source but also enriching the data and changing it into a form that is suitable for analysis.
You can set up your data pipeline with Hevo in a matter of minutes. Due to its fault-tolerant architecture, data is handled securely, consistently, and without any data loss. Also, you get 24*7 support that will debug if anything goes wrong and ensures you get unblocked within a few hours.
Sign up here for a 14-day free trial!
It allows you to focus on the key business needs and perform insightful analysis. It also provides around-the-clock help like Intercom online chat and email support options. Issues are resolved swiftly and immediately. The documentation is exhaustive and routinely updated to reflect version changes, etc.
Pros of Hevo
Using manual scripts and custom code to move data into the warehouse is cumbersome. Frequent breakages, pipeline errors and lack of data flow monitoring makes scaling such a system a nightmare. Hevo’s reliable data pipeline platform enables you to set up zero-code and zero-maintenance data pipelines that just work.
Reliability at Scale – With Hevo, you get a world-class fault-tolerant architecture that scales with zero data loss and low latency.
Monitoring and Observability – Monitor pipeline health with intuitive dashboards that reveal every stat of pipeline and data flow. Bring real-time visibility into your ELT with Alerts and Activity Logs
Stay in Total Control – When automation isn’t enough, Hevo offers flexibility – data ingestion modes, ingestion, and load frequency, JSON parsing, destination workbench, custom schema management, and much more – for you to have total control.
Auto-Schema Management – Correcting improper schema after the data is loaded into your warehouse is challenging. Hevo automatically maps source schema with destination warehouse so that you don’t face the pain of schema errors.
24×7 Customer Support – With Hevo you get more than just a platform, you get a partner for your pipelines. Discover peace with round the clock “Live Chat” within the platform. What’s more, you get 24×7 support even during the 14-day full-feature free trial.
Transparent Pricing – Say goodbye to complex and hidden pricing models. Hevo’s Transparent Pricing brings complete visibility to your ELT spend. Choose a plan based on your business needs. Stay in control with spend alerts and configurable credit limits for unforeseen spikes in data flow.
Get started for Free with Hevo!
Pricing of Hevo
Hevo has a consumption-based pricing model that charges customers based on the number of events/records processed on a monthly/annual basis.
It offers three different membership plans: Free, Starter, and Business, with the “Free” subscription plan supporting up to 1 million events for free. The Starter Plan starts at $249 per month, while the Business Plan has customized pricing based on the use cases.
Informatica has a variety of offerings based on the following: ETL, data masking, data quality, data replication, data virtualization, master data management, and many more. Informatica PowerCenter is the most extensively used tool offered by Informatica. Thatswhy, when we mention Informatica, it indicates the Informatica PowerCenter ETL tool.
It is a data processing tool frequently used as an ETL tool for building enterprise data warehouses. Informatica provides built-in functionality for connecting to various source systems, such as databases, file systems, or SaaS-based applications. The connections can be through via configurations, adapters, and in-built connectors.
Informatica PowerCenter helps retrieve data from its source, process it to meet business needs, and loads it into a destination data warehouse.
Who Should use Informatica?
Informatica Powercenter has a very hefty price associated with it. As a result, it is only affordable to large enterprises or Multinational companies with high purchasing capacity.
Informatica is most commonly used in the data warehouse, business intelligence, and data integration domains.
- The Informatica Workflow Monitor makes it extremely simple to monitor the work process in Informatica.
- Informatica provides a centralized error logging system that logs problems and rejects data into relational tables, allowing the technical team to fix the issues.
- It offers data recovery in the event of a data disaster and tailored access rights.
- It features a centralized cloud server that provides high security, quick access, and data tracking.
- It produces accurate deliverables and automates deployments.
- It uses multiple client tools for deploying a single workflow, thus making it complicated for the user.
- It doesn’t have compatibility with many programming languages such as Java, Python, R, etc., as other ETL tools have.
- Large tables in Informatica eat up a lot of memory and CPU space.
Pricing of Informatica
Informatica Powercenter doesn’t reveal its price on its website. You need to talk to a sales representative for a price quote according to your requirements.
Singer, backed by Stitch, is an open-source ETL tool that allows you to develop scripts to transport data from sources to destinations. It also allows you to create modular data pipelines that are easier to maintain.
Singer explains how data extraction scripts — “taps,” and data loading scripts — “targets,” should interact so that they can be used in any combination to transmit data from any source to any destination. As a result, It allows users to transport data effortlessly across databases, online APIs, files, queues, and many other systems.
Who should use Singer?
Singer is better suited for technically skilled users who want to run their ETL processes from the command line.
It is specifically ideal for technical users dealing with enormous amounts of data. As a result, to work with this ETL tool, business users will need to overcome a substantial learning curve.
- Building modular pipelines with Singer.io is easy because of its library of pre-built taps and targets.
- It doesn’t provide any transformation capabilities.
- There is a lack of standardization across taps and targets of Singer.
- Being open-source, it doesn’t provide any support.
It is an open-source ETL available for free. Since it’s a free product, so there isn’t any existence of a free trial of the product.
Blendo is a cloud-based ETL and ELT data integration tool which simplifies the process of connecting cloud applications and databases with multiple data warehouse solutions such as Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, PostgreSQL, etc. It has numerous natively built data connection types.
Blendo is a versatile ETL solution, primarily for marketing and sales teams. Blendo, like Fivetran and Stitch, focuses on cloud-based, no-code ETL operations.
It offers analytics-ready data from Salesforce, NetSuite, Zendesk, and other sources, allowing you to begin working with almost any quality BI solution in minutes.
Who should use Blendo?
Blendo is best suited for business intelligence professionals with various skill sets. Even though it comes with a plethora of integrations, some major integrations aren’t offered.
Even both technical and non-technical users can benefit from using Blendo.
- The initial learning curve is simple.
- The step-up process is pretty easy even with high volume of data.
- Customer support is super fast in responding to the issues of the users.
- After the initial setup, it is difficult to modify the integration parameters.
- Sometimes there might be maintenance issues with pipelines.
- It doesn’t offer as many data connections as its competitors.
It doesn’t have a transparent pricing structure. For any purchase, it requires you to have a conversation with the sales team of Blendo.
Talend is an open-source data integration platform. It offers data integration, data management, enterprise application integration, data quality, cloud storage, and Big Data software and services.
With its open-source version, small organizations may potentially operate their whole analytics operation for free, thanks to hundreds of pre-built connectors. Its premium tier is better suited to larger businesses.
It has a comprehensive GUI that allows you to manage various data source systems smoothly using standard connections. However, customers argue that it is not intuitive and complicates managing fundamental activities at scale.
Who should Use Talend?
Because of its open-source nature, organizations will low budget, and individual users can use Talend for fulfilling their data pipeline requirements — Thanks to its diverse set of pre-built connectors. Initial onboarding can be hectic. Hence users with not-so-rapid data replication demands can rely on Talend.
Large organizations can also use the premium version of Talend for their data integration requirements. Furthermore, because of its inefficiency in responding to immediate scaling requirements, it can accommodate users whose data needs do not keep on changing regularly.
- Talend automates and maintains tasks for its users.
- Talend offers open-source tools that may be downloaded for free. Furthermore, when the processes speed up, the development expenses fall dramatically.
- Its open-source nature is the reason for its large community. It is the primary site for all Talend users and community members to share information, experiences, questions, and so on.
- Talend open studio reduces developer rates by cutting data processing time in half.
- When working with massive datasets, it is extremely efficient and reliable. Furthermore, the occurrence of functional errors is substantially lower as compared to manual ETL.
- It doesn’t have enough components to do deduplication.
- Explanation of errors isn’t intuitive and not adequately documented.
- A lot of time is involved while setting up Talend for the first time as it involves manual entry of licenses.
Talend follows a subscription-based pricing model. As a result, this model reduces upfront costs and lowers the total cost of ownership to a significant amount.
Along with an open-source version, Talend also has paid version of the product. It starts at $1,170 per user per month. A free trial of the product is also available.
Integrate.io is a cloud-based data pipeline platform that helps integrate and operationalize data. Its intuitive user interface makes the process of ingesting, transforming and preparing data highly smooth even to users without any technical background.
Integrate.io integrates with over 220 SaaS platforms, databases, and BI & analytics tools. It supports Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, and Amazon S3 data warehouses and several database and file storage destinations. Organizations can use it to create easy and simple-to-use data pipelines for loading data to a Single Source of Truth.
Customers can request Integrate.io to build a new data source or destination. Even developers can customize and modify the connectors based on customer demands. This can be done using the tool’s extensive-expression language, APIs, and webhooks.
The native connectors provided by Integrate.io allows users to configure data from multiple data sources to public or private clouds and on-premise infrastructure.
Who should use Integrate.io?
Using Integrate.io, enterprises can load their data to a Single Source of Truth easily. Following that, they can review their existing business strategies, analyze and find gaps and inconsistencies.
Its scalable and elastic infrastructure helps it to increase or reduce the number of records handled on the go. As a result, it might be appropriate for users whose data requirements keep on changing with time.
Even for agile teams with numerous data sources, where there is a need for data analysts to have custom datasets available to them to derive insights, Integrate.io can prove to be the appropriate option.
- Suitable for non-technical users who would not have experience with SQL.
- Its simple and intuitive visual interface makes the process of designing ETL workflows very easy.
- It also supports easy data configuration from numerous data sources to on-premise infrastructure.
- It doesn’t support complex transformations.
- Error messaging in Integrate.io is typically unclear and provides inadequate useful information.
Integrate.io’s pricing is calculated based on the number of connectors instead of data usage. Users pay a pre-defined monthly rate based on their connector count.
Since Integrate.io does not disclose pricing on its website, prospective users must contact the Sales team for getting pricing-related information. Following this, it will provide a 7-day free trial to potential consumers who request a product demo.
Skyvia is a cloud-based data integration platform specifically designed for handling a wide range of data-related activities without any involvement of code. The activities include data integration, workflow automation, cloud data backup, report and dashboard creation, SQL data management, CSV import/export, OData service creation, and so on. It works with a variety of cloud services and databases and requires no installation other than a web browser.
Skyvia majorly focuses “extract” and “load” phases of the ETL process i.e., just ingesting and loading data from one place to another without applying any modifications or changes. Even the documentation might not be comprehensive and
Skyvia interfaces with various applications, including Google Suite, MailChimp, FreshBooks, Shopify, QuickBooks, Zendesk, Marketo, Netsuite, and Salesforce. The solution is offered as a monthly subscription, with assistance from an online help desk. The live support can be affected by time differences.
Who Should use Skyvia?
Skyvia is most commonly used by Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Computer Software sector.
It enables individuals with little to no technical knowledge to complete integrations and information transfer operations independently of a development team, i.e., it is developed primarily for business users.
- It provides a free trial version of the product.
- No-coding knowledge is required to worth with Skyvia.
- The interface of Skyvia is very simple and easy-to-understand. Thus, it has a simple learning curve.
- Sometimes the synchronization process takes a lot of time.
- You won’t get any alerts whenever your integration is successful.
- Sometimes the customer support can prove to be very poor.
Skyvia offers 4 pricing plans: Free, Basic, Standard, Professional, and Enterprise. The plans are provided on a monthly as well as yearly basis.
The basic plan starts at $15 per month. A number of free trials are also available for the product.
Panoply is a self-service data management platform that syncs, saves, organizes, and analyzes data from a variety of sources. It allows users to explore data using search query language, then analyze and display it using its strong integration capabilities.
Panoply makes ETL and data ingestion faster, easier, and more dynamic for platforms ranging from Facebook and Shopify to DynamoDB and MongoDB.
It combines data warehousing, AI-powered data processing, and a range of connections to deliver a user-friendly data analysis infrastructure that is accessible from anywhere through the cloud.
Who should use Panoply?
Even though it’s one of the best ETL tools for data scientists to engage in complex analysis, just about anyone in your organization can use it.
- Its interface is user-friendly, with a simpler learning curve.
- It helps manage data automatically with Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing techniques.
- It has automated data ingestion and processing capabilities without the need to write SQL queries.
- Importing data into the data warehouse is like a point-and-click effort with Panoply.
- It offers a free trial version of the product.
- There is a lack of built-in visualization tools.
- Support times can sometimes be very long.
Pricing of the product offered by Panoply is simple, flexible, and predictable. It offers 4 pricing plans: Lite, Basic, Standard, and Premium. Users can opt for annual as well as monthly plans based on their requirements.
Stitch Data is an open-source cloud-based tool that allows to extract, transform and integrate data from a number of platforms into a consolidated location. It supports a diverse set of 130+ data sources such as Facebook, Google Analytics, Instagram, etc., and load it to data destinations such as Salesforce and various data warehouses. It is so easy to use — You don’t even need to know how to code to build your data pipelines.
Furthermore, it is a fully managed, scalable service that will replicate your data in a matter of minutes and you simply now focus on deriving insights from your analysis-ready data.
Who Should Use Stitch Data?
Stitch Data can support anyone’s use cases, regardless of technical experience. Either you’re a freelance marketing professional or a data team member, anyone can use it.
Its competitive advantage is its strong and simple solution for quickly transmitting your data. Consequently, it is a fantastic choice for professionals who want quick data replication.
Instead of using traditional ETL and implementing one’s own code into APIs, you can rather use Stitch for performing smaller tasks. Stitch can also be used to replicate relational databases because it handles datatypes and schema conversion.
- Its no-code ETL tool is super easy to set up with minimal upkeep.
- It has an intuitive user interface and a friendly GUI.
- It doesn’t support creating dashboards and reports within the platform.
- Navigating through the list of inventories can be challenging.
- Sometimes, you might expect delays in response from customer support.
- It doesn’t have a unified dashboard to check the ongoing processes’ status.
- You might need to resync some integrations periodically.
- It doesn’t have a SQL workbench.
- Transformations that are only compatible with the destination can be performed.
Stitch provides 3 pricing plans based on the number of features. These are: Standard, Advanced, and Enterprise. These plans are available on a monthly as well as annual subscription basis. Users can also use the product on a free trial.
Fivetran is a data pipeline solution that runs in the cloud and allows you to transport data in seconds. It provides a number of interfaces to SaaS applications, databases, and data warehouses.
It focuses on the extraction and loading components of the ELT paradigm and contains a library of 180+ natively developed connectors that users may use with little to no technical knowledge to connect from source to destination.
Who should use Fivetran?
Because of its hefty cost structure, Fivetran is an ETL product best suited for large enterprises. It also includes over 50 prebuilt data models for popular analytical situations such as finance and digital marketing.
- The setup time for major connectors is less 30 seconds.
- Customers will have a dedicated Customer Success Manager and Technical Success Manager in addition to the help site.
- It supports automated schema migrations.
- It also supports on-premises data sources.
- Fivetran’s pricing is a little confusing. Adding a new connector to some tables might significantly increase the cost.
- For complicated data transformations, Fivetran mainly relies on dbt.
- It lacks the more comprehensive data management features seen in other corporate solutions.
Fivetran has a consumption-based pricing model based on the number of rows processed, users, sync times, integration support and connectors, and so on. The five pricing categories are Starter, Standard Select, Standard, Enterprise, and Business Critical. It also offers a 14-day free trial period.
Matillion is a popular cloud-based ETL platform that allows users to easily transform data and load it into their desired data warehouse. It has an extensive inventory of pre-built, out-of-the-box connectors. These connectors help connect with a diverse set of data sources & provide users with a flexible platform.
Users can also download free connectors that are created by users in the Matillion community. Even better, users can create new custom connectors in just a matter of minutes.
It also allows users to build up data workflows without writing SQL code. It also allows you to schedule data arrangement runs based on resource availability.
Who should use Matillion?
Owing to its simple interface and usage of SQL, it is appropriate for analysts and engineers. It majorly empowers analysts to improve efficiency while generating insights.
- The design environment is very intuitive.
- It constantly keeps on adding new features thus, they have an aggressive release cycle.
- They have powerful management options via REST API.
- Exception handling for Matillion can be improved.
- There’s no restart from the point of failure of failed loads.
- For the pricing, it is billed when the machine instance is ON.
Matillion has a consumption-based pricing model based on the number of credits. Matillion Credits are used to pay for Virtual Core hours consumed when operating Matillion ETL instances. One Matillion Credit is equivalent to one Virtual Core hour.
It has 4 pricing plans: Free, Basic, Advanced, and Enterprise. The purchase depends on if you want to pay up-front or pay-as-you-go.
12) Celigo Integrator.io
Celigo Integrator.io is a next-generation iPaaS integration platform that helps companies connect numerous applications, sync data, and automate processes easily. It provides several integration wizards, templates, and other tools to integrate Netsuite into any application or data sources.
Currently, integrator.io supports PostgreSQL, Microsoft Azure Cloud SQL, and MySQL, with support for other databases available shortly.
Who Should Use Celigo Integrator.io?
It is specifically designed for business teams to build, monitor, and manage business processes. Because of its ease in connectivity with multiple third-party applications, it urges organizations to automate their workflows.
- A free trial of the product is available.
- It has impeccable quality and quantity of connectors.
- The interface is simple to understand and easy to use.
- It is quick to create custom integrations to any API.
- Sometimes, FTP transactions can be slow when a massive amount of data is involved.
- You can get errors almost anytime. So it needs to be monitored 24/7.
- It can be difficult to understand the reason for errors.
- The support documentation isn’t that comprehensive.
Celigo has 4 pricing plans: Free, Professional, Premium, and Enterprise, based on the number of features. To get the quote for different plans, you need to contact sales.
We have listed the top 12 tools you can consider while looking for an alternative tool to Alooma. Different tools accommodate different niches and segments of users. You can do a trade-off based on your requirements.
We hope this article will help you find an alternative tool for Alooma.
When you are concerned about faster data replication, ease-of-use, transparent pricing, faster learning curve, complex transformation support, responsive support and handholding, you can definitely give Hevo a try.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Hevo, a No-code Data Pipeline provides you with a consistent and reliable solution to manage data transfer between a variety of sources and a wide variety of Desired Destinations, with a few clicks.
Centralise your data with Hevo’s pre-built strong integrations with 150+ data connectors (including 40+ free sources) that connect over a destination of your choice. Now, your sole focus can be to work should be to gain valuable insights.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite firsthand. You can also have a look at the unbeatable pricing that will help you choose the right plan for your business needs.
Feel free to catch up and let us know about your experience understanding the tools that act as Alooma Alternatives.