Downtime of the website can disrupt business activities, and this problem gets more intense when the website offers some services to its customers. Companies always try to deliver more resources to their websites to get the best performance possible. As the traffic and amount of backend tasks increase, the website uses more resources from the hosting platform. WordPress is a lightweight Content Management System widely used to run and manage websites.
Apart from offering blogging and content management services, it is also used for handling E-Commerce websites and online stores. All the services offered by WordPress can require a huge amount of resources based on the amount of traffic a website receives. To avoid any downtime and disruption due to a lack of resources, it is a good option to host your website on a scalable platform. Microsoft Azure is an auto-scalable Cloud Computing platform that allows users to deploy their applications and services for better performance.
Microsoft Azure WordPress Integration ensures the availability of a sufficient amount of resources regardless of the amount of traffic your website receives. In this article, you will learn about WordPress, Microsoft Azure, and the steps to set up Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment. You will also read about its benefits and how the Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment makes it easier for websites to manage traffic and use resources efficiently.
Table of Contents
- An active Microsoft Azure account.
Introduction to WordPress
WordPress is an open-source website builder and Content Management System (CMS) that allows users to create websites, publish and manage content. Released on May 27, 2003, and WordPress is used by 42.8% of the top 10 million websites as of October 2021. It is one of the most powerful and widely used blogging systems written in PHP and uses MySQL Database. WordPress offers a user-friendly interface and sophisticated tools to let publishers and Bloggers get their content to the web.
WordPress comes with a plethora of plugins and extensions that users can add to their sites to increase its functionalities and features. The plugins are free and paid available on the WordPress marketplace. With the help of the drag and drop feature, users can easily add content to their website and manage themes. Users can build from blogging websites to E-Commerce websites on WordPress. It is SEO friendly and allows users to publish SEO-friendly content healthy for Search Engines.
Key Features of WordPress
WordPress is free to use the platform and widely used by beginners and professionals. A few features of WordPress are listed below:
- Mobile Optimized: Now, most traffic comes from mobile devices, and an SEO-friendly website should work fine on mobile devices. WordPress automatically makes your website mobile optimized.
- Content Publishing Tools: WordPress comes with drag and drop features to add content to the website and easily publish new content or schedule it later.
- Themes and Plugins: WordPress wants to provide flexibility and accessibility to its users with the plugins and thousands of pre-built themes.
To learn more about WordPress, click here.
Introduction to Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure is a public Cloud Computing Service offered by Microsoft and offers Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). The core Cloud services provided by Microsoft Azure include Storage, Analytics, and Computing Power. To satisfy Cloud Computing requirements, around 80% of the fortune 500 companies use Microsoft Azure services. It supports multiple languages for development and deployment purposes. Also, it ensures that your data is protected and backed up.
Developers can pick any of its services to develop and scale new applications or run existing applications in the public Cloud. The customers have access to all the services including Azure Portal. The users can use the services of Microsoft Azure to create Cloud-based resources, such as Virtual Machines (VMs) and Databases.
Key Features of Microsoft Azure
A few features of Microsoft Azure are listed below:
- Analytics Support: Microsoft Azure comes with in-built Data Analytics and Reporting tools to generate deeper insights from the business data. Companies can use these features to find new business leads, improve customer service, and make strategic decisions.
- Hybrid Ready: Microsoft Azure offers its services on Pubic Cloud and On-premises Data Centers that help companies with data backup, storage, and security features.
- Efficient Storage System: Microsoft Azure offers multiple delivery points and Data Centers. It can deliver data to your business environment quickly and give a better user experience.
To know more about Microsoft Azure, click here.
Hevo Data, a No-code Data Pipeline helps to load data from any data source such as Databases, SaaS applications, Cloud Storage, SDK,s, and Streaming Services and simplifies the ETL process. It supports 100+ data sources and is a 3-step process by just selecting the data source, providing valid credentials, and choosing the destination. Hevo not only loads the data onto the desired Data Warehouse/destination but also enriches the data and transforms it into an analysis-ready form without having to write a single line of code.
Get Started with Hevo for Free
Its completely automated pipeline offers data to be delivered in real-time without any loss from source to destination. Its fault-tolerant and scalable architecture ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss and supports different forms of data. The solutions provided are consistent and work with different BI tools as well.
Check out why Hevo is the Best:
Sign up here for a 14-Day Free Trial!
- Secure: Hevo has a fault-tolerant architecture that ensures that the data is handled in a secure, consistent manner with zero data loss.
- Schema Management: Hevo takes away the tedious task of schema management & automatically detects the schema of incoming data and maps it to the destination schema.
- Minimal Learning: Hevo, with its simple and interactive UI, is extremely simple for new customers to work on and perform operations.
- Hevo Is Built To Scale: As the number of sources and the volume of your data grows, Hevo scales horizontally, handling millions of records per minute with very little latency.
- Incremental Data Load: Hevo allows the transfer of data that has been modified in real-time. This ensures efficient utilization of bandwidth on both ends.
- Live Support: The Hevo team is available round the clock to extend exceptional support to its customers through chat, E-Mail, and support calls.
- Live Monitoring: Hevo allows you to monitor the data flow and check where your data is at a particular point in time.
Steps to Set Up Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment
Now that you have understood about Microsoft Azure and WordPress. In this article, you will learn about the steps to set up Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment. For this integration, you need a Microsoft Azure account. The following steps for Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment are listed below:
Step 1: Adding WordPress Service to Microsoft Azure
- Log in to your Microsoft Azure Management Portal here.
- Go to the bottom left corner of the dashboard and click on the “+ New” button.
- Here, you will see the list of various services. Click on the “Everything” option above the list, as shown in the image below.
- Here, select the “Web” category from the Gallery.
- Then, click on the “See All” option of the “Blogs+CMSs” category, as shown in the image below.
- Look for the “Scalable WordPress” or ” WordPress” option, then select it.
- Click on the “Create” button to create a new Microsoft Azure WordPress service, as shown in the image below.
Step 2: Configuring the Microsoft Azure WordPress Settings
- It will open the configurations for Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment.
- Here, enter the resource group name in the “RESOURCE GROUP” field, as shown in the image below.
- Click on the “WEBSITE” option, it will open the further settings in the drop-down menu.
- Here, provide the Website name.
- In the Application Settings, you have to provide the storage container name, where you want to store all your media files such as images, videos, etc. for your WordPress website.
- Select the Hosting Plan for your Microsoft Azure WordPress website. Note that the Scalable WordPress application on Microsoft Azure only supports the STANDARD tier of Websites.
- Then, select the Region for the hosting.
- Click on the “DATABASE” option to configure the advanced settings for the Database, as shown in the image below.
- Here, provide the “Database name“, select the “Region” and choose the “Plan” as per your business requirements for Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment.
- Read and accept all the terms and conditions for using the ClearDB MySQL service, as shown in the image below.
- Now, select the “STORAGE” option to fill the advanced settings for storage configurations.
- Provide the Storage account name in the “STORAGE” text field, “Location“, “Redundancy Type” and turn on the “Diagnostics” option.
- Choose the “PRICING TIER” as per your requirements.
- Click on the “OK” button to save changes for Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment, as shown in the image below.
- Click on the “Subscription” tab to choose the subscription plan for your resource group, and then click on the “Create” button, as shown in the image below.
- Now, it will take some time for Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment. You will get a notification when everything is ready.
Step 3: Installing WordPress
- After successful Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment, click on the resource group that you created, as shown in the image below.
- Here, you can view your resource group: Website, Database, and Storage.
- Search for your WordPress website and open its configurations to complete the Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment.
- Open the WordPress installer and provide valid details, as shown in the image below.
- Enter the “Site Title“, set up the username, and provide a strong password.
- After entering all the details, click on the “Install WordPress” button to complete the WordPress installation and Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment, as shown in the image below.
- Now, you can log in to your WordPress dashboard and start publishing your content.
That’s it! You have completed the Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment.
Benefits of Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment
Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment provides scalable and optimized solutions for your website. A few benefits of Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment are listed below:
- Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment increases the speed of your website and loads the pages fast, which takes less than minutes.
- Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment offers autoscale features to provide all the resources on a global scale. It ensures that your services are available all the time regardless of the traffic load.
- Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment offers backup and data recovery options that safeguard your data in any data loss due to a breach, hardware failure, or malfunctioning updates.
In this article, you learnt about Microsoft Azure, WordPress, and the steps to set up Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment. You also read about the benefits of using Microsoft Azure WordPress Integration and how it provides a scalable and optimized solution for your website. Microsoft Azure WordPress Deployment offers many features and boosts the performance of the website. WordPress is a widely used platform and deploying your WordPress website on Microsoft Azure increases the speed of plugins and extensions. It allows users to focus on content and drive traffic to their website.
Visit our Website to Explore Hevo
Extracting data from Azure Databases, SaaS applications, and multiple sources is a challenging and cumbersome task. Hevo Data is a No-code Data Pipeline that can help you transfer data from a source of your choice to desired Data Warehouse. It fully automates the process to load and transform data from 100+ sources to a destination of your choice without writing a single line of code.
Want to take Hevo for a spin? Sign Up here for a 14-day free trial and experience the feature-rich Hevo suite first hand.
Share your experience of learning about Microsoft Azure WordPress Integration in the comments section below!
No-code Data Pipeline For your Data Warehouse